Monday, November 29, 2004

when the times are hard....

The world is a sea of pretentions.Fools pretend to be intelligent , cheats pretend to be honest , foes pretend to be friends, and all of us go through such stress trying to be what we are not.We are so mindful of what others think of us.We fear hate and rejection.

But what i have learnt so far is that trying to please others is like trying to move a mountain.there are very few people who are really happy with one's success.Whenver I have achieved something , with the exception of my family and a few close friends ,I doubt people have really felt happy for me . Hence I have acquired this care-a-damn attitude about what others think of me.I hate to pretend and always try to be my own self.Its difficult but once you acquire this ,it can be the most comforting and liberating attitude to have.I am still pretty popular because I am a kinda fun character to be with.But I doubt how many of them will be around when bad times come upon me.

Its easy to be the centre of attraction at the hostel mess table ,cracking jokes and sharp ,witty one liners .What is difficult , is to find a person to talk to when you dont have any joke to crack.Its easy to gather "friends" for the party a class topper throws , what is difficult is to find a friend who will listen and comfort you when you fail the exam.Its easy to find people for company for a stroll in the garden , what is difficult is to find a friend to accompany you during a hard trip under a burning sun.And I realise that there will be times in my life when there will be ill have to make this hard trip,when i will have no wit to entertain nebody,when i would have failed.It is in these times when a true friend is needed.And for this true friend , i would not need to pretend.The friend would not need me to be someone he /she desires,but would accept me for what I am.Who would like me not for being at an IIM , not because I have a good job,not because I am a "so called" academic achiever but would like me for what I am , and not for what I have done or not done.It is so very difficult to find such a person , but to find him / her , you dont need to pretend to be someone else,but to just be urself.

I know the above crap would not make much of sense ,and is nothing new , but just wanted to write it down , just wanted to express how phony this world can sometimes be.

song : main nashe me hoon -jagjit singh

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey newsy,
b4 u imagine me to be a unshaven-heavy-hearted-tired-loner,lemme clarify that thhinz aint so bad ;).but tnx fr ur suggestion,though animal lovers wud see it as a cruelty towards animals.
abhinav

Anonymous said...

i guess the cutoff fr eng hovers around 18-20 and i dont think that such a thing about Abc exists.abt my scores,i scored 34 in english last time.(n watz there to mind here bhai)
chill
abhinav

Anonymous said...

abe abhinav,tujhe kya ho gaya bhai?
abe saale itna senti kyun feel kar raha hai??
NS ya fir Dep ne laat jama dee kya..
abe itne bure din to mere chal rahe hain jitne bure to blog pe chaap raha hai....
dont feel so low...and if u see around u hv lot of frnds for ppl like u.
Bunnu

Adi Oso-Groot Finch said...

my doors are always open for you pal - happy or sad.

neither you nor I am a topper; walking is my love affair - whether be in the garden, under the burning sun or in pouring rain; failure, have seen it so closely and so alone, wont ever wish it upon a person as lively as you;

Ideas are clean. They soar in the serene
supernal. I can take them out and look
at them, they fit in books, they lead me
down that narrow way. And in the morning
they are there. Ideas are straight-

But the world is round, and a messy mortal is my friend.

Come walk with me in the mud. . . . :)

Govar said...

Kinda thoughts that haunt everyone. Cant find answers until we are really in that nadir kinda position. But hopefully, we dont go there! :)

Govar said...

Kinda thoughts that haunt everyone. Cant find answers until we are really in that nadir kinda position. But lets hope that we dont go there....

Govar said...

Kinda thoughts that haunt everyone. Cant find answers until we are really in that nadir kinda position. But lets hope that we dont go there....

Anonymous said...

abe abhinav,
main itna din baad tera blog pad raha hoon and what do i see. U being philosophical. Thats good. Dont worry yaar. Lifes like that. But i guess the best stage is when u dont rely on how others feel about u feel good about urself.

Guess who this was. Its me sreekumar

Waise count me in amongst the few close friends ;-)

Anonymous said...

errata!
line 5:there should be a "to" between the third and fourth word in my post.

sreekumar

arpana said...

:)

Shivani said...

i agree with you .. "Its easy to find people for company for a stroll in the garden , what is difficult is to find a friend to accompany you during a hard trip under a burning sun"..
Now here also..dont imagine me as one heavy -hearted loner (lol-as u wrote in ur post).. Its just that I share ur opinion on that line..

Subbu said...

sometimes! I'd say most of the time!