Friday, February 11, 2005

I wish , I hope

I want to adopt a child someday.When I used to go for morning walks with my mom , i used to casually remark this sometimes.She thought something heavy had fell on my head when i was a baby to get me into this condition.She told my dad and he thought I would be all right after marraige.He told my sister and she bet on the fact that my would-be-wife would ditch me within 50 months of marraige.I hope they were joking.


Not the adoption of the kind where I write out a cheque every month and it goes to get the kid some notebooks and toys and crayons.But the type where that kid grows up in my house and gets my love and affection.

I want to do this.There are so many kids out there who have no one to love them as a parent would.No mother to caress them when they scrape their knees.No dad to ride piggy back on.No one who knows their favorite dishes and cooks them as a surprise.No dad who scolds them when they flunk in maths.No mom to check if they have the quilt drawn upto the ears at 3 in the morning.

I find it a little false to be content with bringing in your own kids to the world and then just restricting the love to them and pretending that all is well.The kids who don't have parents are just as innocent as anybody and deserve the same love and care.

Ive got a childless couple in my neighbourhood at gurgaon.They should be in their 40s.They havent adopted and prefer to keep a German Shepherd instead , who is a rather ferocious one.

The lady once remarked to my mom "dekho ab apna baccha to apna hi hota hai".(After all , nothing like an own kid ).

So its ok to bring in a new kid to life and look after him .and its wrong to love and nurture a kid whoz already out there , feeling lonely and unloved.You want to light up a candle but not to protect one in danger of being blown out.

I dont really give a damn to what people say , especially these pesky relatives.I dont believe that I should respect anybody just because I am related to that anybody.I like more people outside my relations.If a person is good , i like him even though he may not be from the same planet.and i dont like many of my relatives because all they are interested in are things like which car was "gifted" at my cousion sister's marraige or if my cousion brother has got a girlfriend at his college or if my aunt's newly bought diamond set is a genuine or fake.
So I don't care about what they say or think about me.Because at the end of the day , it's myself I have to answer to.

Its ok to plant a fresh sapling and nurture it.But I think I don't want to ignore a sapling which may wither away without love.I don't know if I would be able to do so.Its always easier saying things than doing them.I want to do a lot of things , yet I don't.I wish I do this.

9 comments:

Dreamcatcher said...

thats a very admirable thing.
u remind me of one of my cousins who after four years of marriage adopted a kid and then she went on to adopt another kid.
i guess u need a diff mentality to adopt kids. cuz relatives will say wht they want to....and most of the time some ppl they have nothing better to do than to sit n pass comments.

Anonymous said...

bhai jab kuch kar lega tab philosophy maario..
abhi se mother teresa banne ke chakkar mein raha to ghar waale baahar nikaal ke khada kar denge.
anywayz nice thots but very impractical idea for u as far as i know u(wish i m wrong).
bunnu

Anonymous said...

I think this is a very noble thought and not many ppl understand it....even I wanna adopt a kid someday....

Abhi said...

@ DC : If I try to please all , ill be trying all my life.so u r right.i dont care about the relatives part.

@ Bunnu :dekh bunnu puttar ,unfortunately this is my blog.Now its my wish wether i post my crappy philosphy or not.n if u think i can't do this , u dont know me too well.chill maar bhai.

@ Angel : hey , thanx fr dropping by.wish life gives u a chance to do
wat u want.

Anonymous said...

@ DC : If I try to please all , ill be trying all my life.so u r right.i dont care about the relatives part.

@ Bunnu :dekh bunnu puttar ,unfortunately this is my blog.Now its my wish wether i post my crappy philosphy or not.

n if u think i can't do this , u dont know me too well.

chill maar bhai.n dont tell my parents;)

@ Angel : hey , thanx fr dropping by.wish life gives u a chance to do
wat u want.

abhinav

Anonymous said...

@ Heylady : My interpretation skills have really gone down !Please forgive me .

Bhaskar Sree said...

you not giving a damn to your relatives and their opinion is fine.
but then why do you want to adopt a kid?
just b'cos you think 'bringing up your own kid is not enough' doesnt qualify you to adopt another kid. hope you are getting what i'm saying. adoption needs a different mentality and high level of maturity.
when the kid goes against you (as any kid nowadays would) and your choices.. then you will feel the pinch and it will hurt. you should be able to handle that.

Nupur said...

1st timer here.

A very noble thought. I hope you are able to fulfil this wish!! :D

Vidhi said...

i congratulate u for ur fantastic thot and outlook of life!