Monday, February 21, 2005

Rat Race ? nah im not GaMe !

As life progresses , im beginning to gain the "ability" to NOT take it too seriously and grimly.

Ive been through IIT-jee ( ok , the rank looked like a telephone number) and ive been through CAT.Ive stayed at hostels and been through whatever they do at boy's hostels.Ive been beaten blue by school bullies and slapped red by frustrated teachers.Ive been termed a decently intelligent scholar by some people (were they drunk ?)and been labelled a total waste of flesh and blood by many (now this is some sensible stuff ).ive been through crashing my bike into a wall.ive cried like a kid watching rajesh khanna die in "anand" and cowered like a old woman watching the "omen".

Im just 23 and have quite some years before i crash into hell (heaven for me ? try telling mr.god).

But even now if i look back at my life ,its just like a story with its share of laughs , tears,triumphs , dissapointments , ridicule , pain and joy.

And as i read all these blogs, i find that mine is just a story amongst millions.I see that even though I tend to look at the world as if i am the central pin of the world with all this stuff happening around me, im not.i am just one of billions of people ,each one living his or her story.

Everybody thinks his/her is "THE" story.but if i step back a little and see at my life from the outside ,like another person would , i find i am just a little peg in this big thing we call the world.and my story would see its last too one day.

So i just want to have a good time.or as jim carrey wud say , a "Gooodd!!" Life.

Life is not an exam to be cracked for me.just live life.just have a good laugh , love and be loved.take it easy.

I don't want my story to look like a research project.I don't want it to have many complications.I dont want it to have too many intense and soul searching moments.Not the story where a villain beats me blue for 90% of my life till at the climax , i rise like a phoenix to be a memorable victor.

I don't need to win the world.I dont want my statues to be erected all over the place with pigeons dropping their digested breakfasts over my stony head.I dont want to be applauded with the world falling at my feet.

I just want my story to look like a little and light romantic comedy.A few tears and more laughs.Hugs and smiles.A little simple sweet story with no villains.Where the president of Microsoft doesnt know me but my neighbour thinks of me as a nice guy.I wud just be content to have a house full of laughs, stumbling kids, satisfied parents and a wife who thinks i am tolerable(am i tolerable , silly ? ;) ).

I wud love just to sit with my family on a chirpy sunday afternoon.having a good time teasing and laughing.eating a yummy (and cheap) lunch and a cool vanilla icecream as the dessert( n i wont share it ,got that ?).

A little house with trees around.with music playing and love and trust in the hearts of my loved ones.....oops , 3..2..1..bam ! back to reality now.

Am i unambitious ? Is there some problem in my head ? Some of you would term me a coward.one who doesn't have the passion and the killer instinct.one who is wasting IIM's resources.Have mercy on me , o great victors !

But then guys , i am sorry.I dont say I won't work hard or that I don't have any goals.For heavens sake , I am really into an IIM , I worked HARD for it and am happy to be here and have more plans in store.You can have doubts on my abilities if you want. Its a source of satisfaction for me and my parents , that I have got into an IIM and stuff like that and I would achieve more things too , I know.

But I won't let myself be sucked into any mean and fast rat race , if that's the concept of life for anybody.I want my life to sound like a little , sweet n love -filled symphony.may not be noticed by the world , but sweet nevertheless.Thats cool.

17 comments:

shantanu said...

thinking abt is a good beginning...am sure ur life will definitely not be sucked into a rat race...

Anonymous said...

i thnk dat u shud rathr hav a chclt flavrd icecrm n defntly share it wid her.

Anonymous said...

hey,
u wrote simply amazing..
btw, can u spare a comment for a guy who think mostly on these lines but had not been slapped by his professors, didnt crash his bike in the wall...point is he has not done many things as u have done...otherwise more or less find himself in the same circumstances...when he tries to remember his old good engineering days ...all he can recall is booze and sutta...and fears that this may be the fate of his post grad too...done nothing..plans to do nothing...still feels that he is great...and still pretend to be the happiest person alive

Unknown said...

"I just want my story to look like a little and light romantic comedy.A few tears and more laughs.Hugs and smiles.A little simple sweet story with no villains.Where the president of Microsoft doesnt know me but my neighbour thinks of me as a nice guy.I wud just be content to have a house full of laughs, stumbling kids, satisfied parents and a wife who thinks i am tolerable"

All the best buddy!! Good to see that some ppl actually know what the y are looking for in life.. Most ppl in the "rat-race" don't even know if they really want the stuff they are runnin after..

Anonymous said...

@shantanu : hey shantz.howz life ?u sure i wont be sucked into the race ? i hope...

@anonymous : ok ? but what interest do you have in all this ..eh..;)

@sumit : hey sumit , thanx fr dropping by ..i really like ur blog.

Chandoo said...

Reading this post makes me feel close to earth. Sometimes we try to imitite someone/something and chase someone else's dreams....

now tell the post is not motivated by a C grade in accounting or membership of learning mode club... :P

Anonymous said...

You write amazingly and these are things a lot of us would identify with....:)

Tipsy Topsy said...

realising how insignificantly small we are in this world is a great ego buster. stand in a crowd and think that every person u can see has a story. its mind boggling.

a person who wants to do well in the corporate world by working hard and without wanting to be part of the rat race. Sounds very tough to me. Hope U prove me wrong. (but that will also mean that I made the wrong decision by not trying to join the corpo world. Damn) :)

Vidhi said...

hello abhinav...u've written well and i concur...

Anonymous said...

hi am here for the first time, came in thru the comment you left on my blog. Liked what I saw here. will visit again. hope to see u on my blog too.

Domesticated Bachelor said...

hmmm... want to make some filosopickal comment here... but then like each person says - life is full of worms and i am the glow worm! *GRIN*
Wandered in from Tipsy Topsee's blog. Great blog you got here

Anonymous said...

nice post.

Anonymous said...

nice post.

Anonymous said...

Great post mate.
There are very few people who think like you. More over glad to see someone not being drawn into the rat race.

BTW at the end of a rat race you still remain a RAT;-)

Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info » » »

Namrata said...

your dreams are really innocent...

i feel pity for those, who think all small things are trivial.

Anonymous said...

nice writing....u belong to the lot of ppl who just wanna exist...aise he!!!bindas